Tuesday 3 November 2015

River Roch opening

There  are roadworks galore at the moment in Rochdale - some of these are due to plans to open up the River Roch in the town centre which is set for March 2016.
As part of this there have been some workshops organised and I attended a knitting workshop last week where Alison shared her plans for a hanging/banner to be made, to hang off the newly revealed bridge, depicting all the wildlife found in and around the river. She had a number of knitting and crochet patterns, so I set off with a crocheted fish. I was quite pleased with how it turned out. The lady next to me opted to make a seahorse?! Since then I have made a few more crocheted fish in different colours and also tried a knitted one.




It will be interesting to see how the finished hanging turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment