Wednesday 6 August 2014

Crochet

I have been able to knit as long as I can remember but for some reason I have never learned to crochet, so this last month I have rectified that and joined up with a couple of friends who meet to knit and crochet together to pick up this new skill.

I think with being able to knit I have been able to pick it up quite quickly, as I am used to keeping the tension on the wool and holding the needles etc

My friend taught me some basic stitches and then I fancied making some cute butterflies I had seen - I was pleased with the results.


We have some friends working out in China who have just adopted a second child and my second project was a headband for her and I made one of my butterflies into a brooch for her sister.



I also had a go at some granny squares. Thought I would use this one for a bed cover in my little girls doll house.


I am now on with a cardigan for my daughter in sparkly purple! Bargain wool 3 x 50g balls from Poundland for £2. Photos when its finished ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment