Monday 6 January 2014

New Year









It’s the New Year and I've decided the children and I are going to start a blog to record some of our home schooling adventures and general things that are of interest to each of us.

I have been thinking about New Year goals and thought I would start by sharing them:

I have read about choosing one word for the year and so my one word for this year is Gratitude
It sometimes feels like we are a nation of complainers and it can certainly feel like this in our house some days. In my pursuit of joy I know that I need to develop a more thankful attitude and I'm hoping this will rub off on the rest of my household.


To help me develop an "attitude of gratitude" I am going to keep a gratitude journal which I aim to write in at least 3 times a week and also to write a thank you note every other week.

My second goal is to reduce the amount of caffeine I drink so I am going to alternate each cup of tea with something decaffeinated e.g. water, peppermint tea. Maybe I'll try some other herbal teas too.

My third goal is to try and get more organised with housework - it always seems to get on top of me! I have started to create a book which lists all the different jobs I need to do around the house and chop them into small achievable chunks so I can tick them off when I have done them - an idea I pinched from a good friend of mine. I'm hoping it will help the housework not to feel overwhelming.


So there you have it - my 3 goals for the start of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment